In my last post couple of months back, I discussed what is Google Cloud Connect and its various features. So let us now understand how we can backup and sync our Office Docs of Microsoft Office 2010 using Google Cloud Connect.
Follow these steps:
- Visit Google Cloud Connect to download the plug in. You will see the following window when you have started downloading.
- When you see a confirmation message then open any Microsoft Office app like Word, Powerpoint etc. I am opening the Microsoft Powerpoint 2010 to show the example.
You can see that It is showing Loading Add-ins, beneath it you will see it is showing the name of the add-in which is Google Cloud Connect. So it means that our add-in was installed successfully and we should be able to sync and backup our files now.
- Now Microsoft Powerpoint 2010 opens and you will find the window slightly different from the normal opening of windows now.
- Click on Login and you will find two windows popping out.
First window titled as Google accounts is asking for your credentials while the second window is asking about the syncing options.
- Fill your credentials and you will see the window asking for granting the access.
- Click on Grant Access and set the settings as per your choice like automatic sync or manual and you are done with all the settings.
- Click on Sync button in blue and it will sync automatically.
You should the following window with the unique URL. To share the Office Docs with multiple persons click on Share and send them the link.
Let us know how you liked the article.