The annual Gamescom event [now being held in Cologne, Germany] turned out to be a cookie jar, especially for the mobile gamers. As, Microsoft previewed and officially launched some new Xbox LIVE games and features for its Windows Phone 7 platform, at the break of the event.
This integration of the Xbox LIVE with Windows Phone 7 seems to be a part of the company’s plan to create some ground for its mobile games and to spin up its mobile platform. The pundits also think that this move maybe intended to create a base and an enthusiasm cloud for the upcoming Mango release, the latest WP7 OS. The Mango is expected to hit the market in September, rumored September 1st.
Well, now talking about the WP7 & LIVE combo things get really gamie-licious. The new announcement has some glittering new features, which promises the gamers go gaga over the newbie in the market. Some of the new features are, viz.:
- Avatar Awardables: If you have won some pretty descent unlocks or features, so how do we let the world know about our achievements? Guys, here is what we call a solution. Avatar Awardables lets us wear our achievements, and show ’em off glamorously. Once unlocked, these items or achievements will automatically appear in our Avatar closet. We will be able to customize your Avatar as the way we want. Some apps also have been added regarding the Avatar, version of LIVE on WP7, like flashlight apps, level apps etc. “Chickens Can’t Fly,” a forthcoming Xbox LIVErelease, will be among the first titles to feature them.
- Game Add-ons: This feature allows us to buy some extra goods and mushrooms in the game Beards & Beaks. The Marketplace will have more stalls in the coming months where we can buy in-game add-ons and downloadable contents such as extra weapons or levels.
- Parental Control: WP7 will also have parental controls, where parent can set up a restriction on what games their child is playing. The PEGI & ESRB apps, which were launched few days earlier on WP7, surely lifts up this Parental Control feature.
- Fast Async: This LIVE feature improves game play for multiplayer, turn-by-turn (or asynchronous) Windows Phone games.
There is also a try-before-you buy feature with the games, so, that our hard earned cash does not go in vain. The titles which are included for the WP7 platform are mostly produced in-house by the Microsoft Game Studio. Going down the WP7 gaming alley, the game play, frame rates has to be taken under consideration. The game play is pretty good for most of the games which were tested, the frame rates held quite high even in the 3D sequences. It seems that WP7 comes fully loaded with these new launches. The game quality is competitive to iPhone Games and Palm Pre Gaming. With all these new fresh new features, here are the 14 new LIVE titles which were announced for WP7:
- Beards and Beaks: Cave Area
- Bug Village
- Burn the Rope
- Chickens Can’t Fly
- Gravity Guy
- Farm Frenzy 2
- Fight Game Rivals
- Kinectimals Mobile
- Text Twist 2
- Toy Soldiers Boot Camp
So, friends get set to have the Xbox LIVE effect in your WP7.
Its going to be legendary.